We Have a Generic Baby

The parakeet story will have to wait… this post from my wife is just too important..

As you might know, my sister had her little boy just a few hours after Junior arrived. Her son looks absolutely, positively like his dad. It’s actually kind of crazy how much of him I see in Junior’s cousin’s sweet little face. Of course, it got me thinking: who does Junior look like? Frankly, John and I have come to grips with the fact that we think our baby is slightly generic looking. Cute, but generic. We honestly don’t think that he looks like either one of us. Someone told me that he has my nose but I don’t see how that’s possible seeing as how I have a big nose with a huge bump on it and his is a perfect little baby nose. Anyway, I decided to look at our baby pictures—since he doesn’t look like a grownup version of his mom or dad, perhaps he resembles one of us at his age?

Me

image

image

image My big sister is trying to strangle me.

John

image

image

Junior

image imageimage

I personally still think he doesn’t really look like either one of us (although he is a chunkster like his dad). What do you think?

5 comments:

Susie said...

You guys are like me and Pat--even though you (hopefully) aren't related, you look like you are related because you have very similar features. You look good together because of it too. As a result, you can't tell who the baby looks like because he looks like BOTH of you! The only feature that's truly telling of us is Pat's lips and Melina REALLY got those. Otherwise, we got what you would call "generic" babies too :o)

April 2, 2010 at 6:13 AM  

Maybe you should recreate the original photos. You know like a reboot and see what you see.

Honestly, until he starts filling out from all the feedings he going to be having in the coming weeks. You won't see it or it will go back and forth.

My 4YO didn't look like me until she started getting taller and thinning out.

April 2, 2010 at 6:26 AM  
Jenna said...

I think it is useless to compare so early. They change a lot in the first year or two. I felt this way about our kid too. That didn't stop everyone on earth from proclaiming who they thought he looked like though.

April 2, 2010 at 8:08 AM  

Picture 1-John's mouth

Picture 2-Your eyes

Picture 3-Generic baby

But really, until he gets a little bigger, he'll just look like a cute little diaper or baby lotion advertisement and not much like anybody.

Eleanor did look a lot like me-or more accurately, my baby pictures-pretty much from birth-but what can I say-I'm really, really good at genetics.

He's a really cute generic baby.

April 2, 2010 at 9:34 AM