A Phobia of Bees

I hate bees.  I also hate anything that could possibly sting me.  It’s not just a hate, but a fear.  For example, Stunning once called me and said, “There’s a wasp in the apartment.”  As a good husband, my first thought should have been, “I wish I was there to save you and kill the wasp heroically and save you from any chance of being stung.”  Instead my first thought was, “Thanks GOD I am not there right now.”  She killed the wasp before I got home using hairspray. 

Anyway, the other day I took some picture of blue bonnets here in Texas and a bee flew right toward me.  I’m happy to report, I overcame my fear for the sake of a photograph.  Take a look:

image

image

image

image

I didn’t even get stung.  I do however hope that the bee pictured here flew into a car traveling at a high rate of speed and is now dead.

4 comments:

I love it how women think you can kill a bug with any aerosol.

April 15, 2010 at 5:56 AM  
John said...

haha

That's a good question. She used really expensive hairspray too. The wasp looked glamorous in death.

April 17, 2010 at 9:16 PM  
Anonymous said...

it killed him though, didn't it now? I just ran out of hairspray way too quickly...

April 18, 2010 at 6:05 AM  

Don't share too many of these manly phobias on the internet. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea about you.

April 21, 2010 at 7:35 AM