The Pig Says, “My Wife is a Slut.”

As mentioned previously, Stunning and I are pretty obsessed with Seinfeld.  As veterans of the show and the ability to spot plotlines in everyday life, we’re certain we are in the top percentage of the population for our Seinfeld knowledge.  I’m not saying there aren’t people out there that know more and can quote more, because there certainly are… but I’m talking about our ability to hold our own with those fanatics.

We had every season, except season 9, which is the final season.  We had watched 1 through 8 nonstop since we got married, but never had access to the final season.  After Christmas, we were able to use a giftcard to purchase the final season.  While it will never go down in history as the best Seinfeld season, it does hold its own with some episodes reaching cult status and still used in conversation today.

  • Serenity Now!
  • Hellllooooooo!
  • Bad Naked vs. Good Naked
  • Festivus

Of course, there is no better exchange in Season 9 than the following:

Elaine: It's funny.

Jerry: It's a pig at a complaint department.

Elaine: And he's saying " I wish I was taller" ha ha. See? that's his complaint.

Jerry: I get it.

Elaine: Do you!!!.. because that's not a normal complaint.

Jerry: How 'bout if it was something like " I can't find my receipt my place's a sty.”

Elaine: Everything with you has to be so .. jokey.

Jerry: I'm a comedian.

Elaine: I wish I was taller, that's, that's, that's nice. that's real.

Jerry: Well I got a complaint. This cartoon stinks.

Elaine: I'll tell you who doesn't think it stinks, The New Yorker. that's right. They're publishing it in their next issue.

Kramer taps on a sheet of paper that he gives to Elaine to read.

Elaine: The pig says "my wife is a slut."

Jerry: Now that's a complaint.

For my love of all things Seinfeld, I think I’m going to begin a Seinfeld quote of the week.  It is your job each week to somehow play off the quote, with more things Seinfeld. Of course, this week’s quote is:

The pig says "my wife is a slut."

2 comments:

I saw your title and dove right in because I knew that was a Seinfeld quote right away. I am sad to say that I rarely watch anymore because I don't have the time with out toddler around. I own all nine seasons, but I watched several episodes via cable every day for about 10 years. I quote the show all the time often to blank stares and you are a dork remarks. I will be here anytime there is Seinfeld talk you can be sure.

Some charletan has ripped off a ziggy and tried to pass it off as their own. I can prove it. Quick Elain, to my archives.

February 1, 2010 at 1:49 PM  
Unknown said...

I laughed out loud with your follow-up lines. Love that episode.

I noticed on your blog, you're a cardinal fan. Junior has the same Cardinal Onesie that Braden does.

You need to integrate Seinfeld back into your routine... trust me, you won't regret it.

February 1, 2010 at 5:22 PM