What I’m Missing…

I used to be a weatherman.  Ya… one of the guys on television that talk a whole bunch about the future.  I was a psychic in that I got paid to tell the future.  I like to think I was slightly more accurate and informational than modern-day psychics.  Some days I was… and some days I wasn’t. 

Anyway, after Stunning graduated from law school, we moved to San Antonio.  She can’t stand cold weather, so we really picked the right year to move.  While people here in San Antonio actually went crazy at the prospect of a low temperature of 16 and a high of 34, people in Omaha have dealt with blinding winds, days where the temp doesn’t get above 0, mornings at 20 below, feet of snow.  It’s been crazy.  My dad took these pictures of the snow in his front yard:

image Notice the snow drift on the left is taller than the flight of stairs.

image My dad is about 6 foot tall.  The snow drift on the right is taller than he is.

image Not sure this weather would qualify as a winter wonderland.

This is a similar view before all of this calamity..

image …slight difference…

4 comments:

I have never seen that much snow. I now know for certain that I can never live in Omaha. I already suspected as much.

January 11, 2010 at 11:34 AM  
PamnBob said...

I'm anxiously waiting for the "slight difference" picture. Big warm up this week though, in the 30s. John you did miss all the excitement and probably some long hours.

January 11, 2010 at 5:48 PM  
Unknown said...

A little warm-up will melt that snow in a jiffy Dad... you just wait and see.

Otter, you must experience it. Head north next winter and you'll grow some hair on your chest...

January 11, 2010 at 7:18 PM  
Unknown said...

(That's a strange saying... I regret that I typed it.)

January 11, 2010 at 7:18 PM