Top Most Terrible Moment of a Person’s Life

My sister-in-law just reminded me of a story with a post she wrote for her pregnancy/family blog.  The twin pregnancies Stunning is having with her sister is creepy.  I’ll tell you about it another time. 

Anyway, I’m stealing her blog post (didn’t even ask her… that’s the type of person I am) here for your reading enjoyment… this reminded me of one of my most terrible moments of my life:

Things That Make Pregnancy Just a Wee Bit Better

This blog is all about little things I have found that have made my pregnancy a little more tolerable. Let's start....

1. Zantac.

 

As reported in a previous blog.... heartburn is a killer. This stuff works amazingly well. However, I have learned that just because you take this magical little pill does not mean you can go out and eat tomato sauce, nachos, and spicy nachos in one day.

2. Snoodle.

I just got this wonderful little pillow and it has made my nights so much more pleasant. Wait.... pleasant is never the right word for pregnancy sleep.... it is more like, "tolerable." I broke down and bought this $50 pillow though and it has made my nights so much better. I strongly suggest getting this to any pregnant woman, or not pregnant, because it is delightful. The only thing that is not so nice about it is trying to turn over in the middle of the night (already trying to turn a "few" extra pounds with you) and being tangled up in this pillow. Yes, it is true... you get tangled up in a pillow.

3. Switching cars.

My husband and I have a Saturn Vue & a Nissan Altima. The Altima is my pride a joy... and still new. I had to give up this little beauty a month or so ago because it was getting too hard for me to get in & out of it. It was really quite sad. The Vue treats me just right. I have noticed that getting in a car that is TOO high can be as hard as a car that is too low, however. Recently we have been "car sitting" for my mother-in-law, who owns an Xterra. This is a great 4 wheel drive vehicle that has come in handy over the past couple snow storms, but it is awful to get in & out of as well.

4. Handicap Bathroom Stall.

This is my most recent discovery. Like I have described in #3, it is hard getting my pregnant butt up when I've been sitting. This goes for the bathroom too. I found that the bathroom stall was amazing by mistake... all the other stalls were taken. Since this event, I will never go back. Try it ladies.... it will make your bathroom experience so much better.

5. Someone to put socks on & off.

My husband is amazing at this. He is always a good sport about putting my socks on for me in the morning. I do not usually have to ask him to tie my shoes... because I have learned to keep them tied. Luckily, at work Brittany has been my saving grace when I need a good double knot. These small tasks really do wonders for a pregnant woman.... so gentlemen.... listen to this advice.....

(This woman is OBVIOUSLY a model with a fake tummy on. This position is impossible while pregnant.... or if it IS possible... it would not be "painless" like she is portraying it....)

I will keep you all informed if I find new things to help you out as my pregnancy progresses... And if you have any tips for me I would love to hear them!

--------------------------------------

So anyway, as I’m reading this, I get propelled back to a terrible moment in my life.  I too used to enjoy the luxury of the handicap stall.  Until one day in college, I was on break between classes and excused myself.  As I surveyed the expansive area in my handicap stall, I smiled.  The smile quickly turned to a look of panic as I heard a handicap student enter the restroom.  There was nothing I could but listen.  He used a walker on each hand, because of his weak legs.  As I listened, he went in the miniature stall next to me and proceeded to literally spend 5 minutes just trying to get situated.  It was and still is one my most shameful moments. 

The end.

0 comments: