Time for a Haircut

To those that know me, I’m not a big fan of spending money.  It downright makes me sick sometimes.  While there are gadgets and things that I want, it usually takes me a long time to actually convince myself to buy anything.  When I do buy something, it makes me sick to my stomach.

I own an iPhone and feel guilty about it constantly.  That $30 a month data fee gives me heartburn.  What else gives me heartburn?  Paying for haircuts.  My hair is fairly simple… so it pains me to plop down $15 to $20 for something I think I might be able to do myself. 

Now this wasn’t the case when I lived in Omaha.  When I lived in Omaha, my barber was also the mayor of the suburb I lived in, which is pretty awesome anyway you cut it.  (cut it… get it??)  When I moved to San Antonio, I tried Sports Clips and another wait in line, no reservation hair place.  I felt they were all too expensive and most of the women had man hands… of which I’m not a fan.

Stunning told me I couldn’t cut my own hair.  She said she wouldn’t do it either.  Therefore, I enlisted my sister-in-law.  As I sat on a chair, she went crazy.

image 

image

image

image

A few things…

  1. Yes… I am wearing sleepwear that says “Local Celebrity”.  Since I’m wearing them, you could say they’re vintage.
  2. Yes… I am eating a Snickers while my hair is getting cut.  It’s another advantage to not going somewhere.
  3. No… I had absolutely no idea what was going on behind my head.  I really thought she was just cutting my hair during these pictures.  If I had seen this pictures, I might have asked her to stop cutting my hair.
  4. No hair fell onto my Snickers… that I knew about anyway.
  5. The haircut turned out very nice.

7 comments:

I may need to enlist someone to cut my hair. I know it would be easy. I think my wife might object though. The snickers thing has me thinking about it a lot harder.

January 27, 2010 at 7:26 AM  
Jenna said...

Just don't let your mother-in-law cut your hair....you saw what she did to Randy!

January 27, 2010 at 2:51 PM  
Haley said...

I've been cutting my husband's for over a year now and we've saved over $100 this way. Go Cheapskates of America!

January 27, 2010 at 7:31 PM  
Unknown said...

Haley,
I can tell... I mean... it looks great!!!

Jenna,
No way in hell.

Otter,
One of the many benefits. Plus you can wear the craziest pants you want and no one cares. Until of course, you put pictures of the pants on the internet and then get ridiculed by the ones you love.

John

January 27, 2010 at 7:35 PM  
bridget said...

wow!! that girl who cut your hair sure is a hottie!!! too bad she looks psycho!!

b

January 27, 2010 at 7:55 PM  
James said...

It was the Snickers I was worried about the whole time.

January 27, 2010 at 8:02 PM  
John said...

My chief concern was the Snickers bar. Glad everything came out all right.

January 28, 2010 at 9:37 AM