Rocking Around Craigslist

After the failure of the Target registry and receiving a mini-rocking chair which is useless unless Stunning or I was a midget and planned to use the chair for ourselves, we decided to try it again.  We discovered adult rocking chairs are not $75, but closer to $200 in most cases.  That’s why we abandoned Target and headed to Craigslist where, much like old prostitutes, there is quite the aftermarket for rocking chairs. 

This time, instead of $200 for a rocking chair, we found one for $25.  It’s freaking comfortable too!  The lady we bought it from (we safely met in a parking lot next to a busy road and in a church parking lot) said it had rocked a lot of babies to sleep and was “filled with a lot of love”.  Needless to say, I was excited that it had proved to be a baby rocking machine, but I did not languish the cheesy imagery of it being filled with love.

IMG_8436IMG_8437 

Unfortunately, it’s not the right color.  We’re doing black and white in the nursery, so brown will not go.  (This is what I am told from my wife who has instructed me that brown shall never be mixed with black. It’s like the 11th commandment or something..)

For this reason, I am painting it.  It shall be black.  We already purchased a brown changing table from Ikea and I painted that black.  (It took me days to finish this project… it required me sanding off or literally peeling my own layers of paint thanks to my mistakes.)  Now, I have another project that I’m going to keep you guys up to date with.  It could be interesting, because I’m not a handy-man by any means (as the changing table witnessed).  However, I’m going to do my best to get this thing looking nice.  Whether that happens or not, I have no idea.

0 comments: