The Whopper Virgins

It’s Crispin, Porter + Bogusky.  I don’t have a list of my top 5 nor could I name any others… (I actually could, because I have some customers that are ad agencies, but I digress)…

The main reason I like this agency is for their work with Burger King.  They created the Subservient Chicken (go there and tell it to March Like a German Soldier).  They created this dude, who is pretty famous in my head:

 

And they also created this ad:

Slightly offensiveYes.  And that’s why they pulled it quickly.  I’m not quite sure why a noble Cowboy represents Texas and El Cachito represents Mexico….

Then there was the time they found people in remote parts of the world and made them eat a burger… these are people who never have eaten processed food in their lives.  I’m slightly surprised they didn’t die.  The name of this campaign?  The Whopper Virgins.

They actually made a documentary.

Anyway, so whenever someone asks me “Hey, what’s your favorite ad agency?” I always reply, “Those people who do the Burger King commercials.”  Then I ask why they’re asking such a stupid question.

0 comments: