New Dad

A couple years ago, I told Stunning that when she got pregnant to tell me by buying the WillowTree New Dad sculpture and giving it to me.

photoI’m not too big into this little figurines, but I thought it would be a cool and cheesy way to find out that I’m a new dad. Plus, sometimes I like to play into stereotypes and having these figurines is a good Christian stereoptype.

Anyway, I mentioned it and then I found out my wife was pregnant by her walking out of the bathroom saying, “I think I’m pregnant” and then start crying. Needless to say, that was slightly less magical than finding out through my little figurine.

This Christmas I got a great present though. The statue. I knew what it was when I was unwrapping it, but since it was in my head that I’d get this shortly before I became a father… I think unwrapping it was a bit too much to handle. Not gonna lie… couple tears got in my eyes. I’m not entirely sure why, but it did.

It came a few months late and perhaps we’re all in a better position now to give and receive it, but for sure it’s the best Christmas present I have ever been given.

3 comments:

We gave Austin's mom the "grandmother" one to tell her we were pregnant... She got tears too.

December 28, 2009 at 8:12 AM  
Unknown said...

Maybe they just cause people to cry.... through some type of mystical magical power...

December 28, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

so sweet, John :) I love it!

December 28, 2009 at 4:55 PM