Oh, Christmas Tree!!!

This is a classy Christmas tree:

imageThis is our tree… It’s not classy, but it’s pure family

IMG_8420 Honestly, I don’t think that we have any “real” ornaments. That’s not true. We do have a few. We have a few “first Christmas” ornaments from when we got married. But for the most part, our Christmas tree consists of lots and lots of ornaments that Stunning and I made when we were young. I’m talking really young. I’m talking our hands were this big young:

IMG_8421

That hand is about 3 inches, just FYI.

I’m talking, I thought this was high quality artwork young (if only you could see her face better…giant eyes…huge nose, big mouth).

IMG_8431

IMG_8423

This is an “ornament” Stunning made when she was a little one. It’s a manger scene. That yellow figure is Jesus. There’s a little lamb at his feet. Apparently Joseph and Mary are identical except Joseph has a beard (or is vomiting. I can’t tell which)

IMG_8428

What Christmas tree would be complete without an ice cream cone ornament? And yes, that base is a real ice cream cone. How has that survived all these years?

IMG_8426

I’ve got a couple St. Louis Cardinals players just hanging out on the good old tree. Stunning hates them and thinks they are tacky. Then I reminds her of two things: 1) Our entire tree is tacky, and 2) You have these all over the tree:

IMG_8427

Barbie ornaments. Her grandma would give me a Barbie Christmas ornament for every holiday, birthday, etc. Her Grandma was a shopper…one of those ladies who had gifts ready for people years before they were to be given. She died after Stunning and I had been dating for a year or so. The Christmas before we got married, this ornament was under the tree for my wife with a note (in her Grandma’s handwriting) that said: “To “Stunning” when she gets married”

IMG_8433

Creepy to get a gift from your Grandma from beyond the grave but neat that the family kept it for her and gave it to her like her Grandma would have wanted.

I think 20 Barbies on the tree is overdoing it, so I only allow her to choose her 5 favorites.

IMG_8420

So there ya have it. Our random tree.

It makes me wonder what kind of tree you guys have? On second thought, if yours is filled with chainsaw and knife ornaments, keep it to yourself…

0 comments: