Buying a Car

Do people out there actually enjoy the process of buying a car?  Looking online, going to dealers, talking to sales people, deciding on safety versus reliability versus style, and the list goes on and on and on.

When Stunning and I moved to San Antonio from Omaha, we sold my old Honda Civic to my sister.  In the months since then, we’ve been a one car family.  It’s just like the old days in the 1950s… carpooling and scheduling who gets the car when.  It was all good and stuff, but enough was enough.

We needed a car for when Junior came.  However, we couldn’t spend a lot of money, because we don’t really know what our future financial situation is going to be beginning in the summer.  Student loans are fun, so is rent/mortgage, and utilities, and jobs… there are a lot of unknowns for us after the baby, so I didn’t want a car payment.  However, I also needed something safe.

On Christmas Adam (Christmas Eve’s Eve), we found a 2002 Honda Accord.  It was the top of the line when it was sold with side airbags and leather and a 6 disc CD player.  This is the car:

2002 Honda Accord EX Sedan 4D Exterior

We went back to buy it yesterday.  (After I found a nicer car for the same price on eBay, then realized the “reserve” on the car was the same price as the “Buy It Now”… which leads me to wonder what the point of an Auction is… as in, there is no point.)

The price had dropped since Christmas Adam… there was a scratch on the bumper that I made them replace.  Then also go them to give us new remotes and another key (the car had no keyless remotes and only had one key).  It was a great success.

Then I charged it all to my credit card to be paid in full in January.  Perfect… plus I also get 1.5% of the price back in the credit card refund. 

Now, we have a car for Junior.  And hopefully it doesn’t break down next week.

0 comments: