Who Will He Be…

Yesterday’s post was a bit philosophical and honestly, I’m not even quite sure what I was talking about.  Today’s post will hopefully be a bit simpler. 

Here’s the deal, inside my wife’s stomach is another human being that is squirming around, kicking her bladder, punching her stomach, and making her life less than enjoyable.  I’ve never seen this human being before.  The only thing I’ve done is see his movement, look at his skeletor frame in the ultrasound, and hear his whooshing heart beat. 

Last week, I got to meet some family freinds’ new baby.  He was born last week and in a picture of his dad from when his dad was a newborn, they look exactly the same.  It really got me wondering what is Junior going to look like.  Therefore, I went back to the vaults.

If he’s anything like me, he’ll be born at a relatively normal size:

image (That’s me in the baby crib thing and my Dad behind me, lest you be confused.)

Then as he starts to grow, he’ll quickly expand outward:
image (gaining a little weight)
image (gaining more weight)
image (fat)
He’ll freaking love to eat:
image (fudge-cicle disaster)
But hopefully, he’ll thin down some:
image (Not quite as fat)
image (still got a belly)
image (a good weight to height ratio)

And eventually he’ll grow into a thin, awkward child:
image (gotta love the 1980s and the striped tube socks)

3 comments:

I can relate to how you feel.You wait so long that you can't help but wonder what that little person will look like.

February 17, 2010 at 9:22 AM  
John said...

It's kind of weird to know he has a face in there... he must really pride himself on keeping a good secret.

February 17, 2010 at 7:42 PM  
PamnBob said...

I had to carry you on my back when you were a year old in Scotland until the back carrier busted under the extreme weight.

February 17, 2010 at 8:24 PM