Rocking Around COMPLETE!!

People said these posts are boring. This is the last one.  I promise. I had it written now for awhile, but I didn’t want to bore people too much.  Anyway… this is the last post.  Enjoy… or please try to.

With the primer done, it was time to move on to the actual paint.  This piece of furniture is a little different though, because it has a wicker back.  For that reason, I took some cheapo spray paint… image …told  you it was cheap…and hit that part of the chair:

image

image

Why?  Wicker/Reed is tough to get into all the little cracks.  While I planned to give it some of my actual paint, I figured this would be a way to fill in a few spots with black that wouldn’t get it otherwise.

image Not perfect.. and I’ll still take a paint brush to it.  However, it will allow me to use a smaller amount of paint on the brush and avoid any type of clumping. 

After the spray paint, I got some higher quality stuff..

image ….and applied the first coat.

image There were still some noticeable imperfections with just one coat…

image My dog also has one coat…

image So, a few days later, I applied a second coat… AND VOILA!  The finished product:

image From this… to this…

image image

Not bad!  Hopefully, it lasts…

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love it! I don't think they are boring, I just think they should all be in one post. That way whenever I want to know how to repaint a rocking chair I don't have to find all 3 (4?) posts you did about it.

February 8, 2010 at 7:18 AM  
Unknown said...

:) You used Valspar paint! As a Lowe's employee I thank you for your patronage!

February 10, 2010 at 9:11 AM