While His Name Ain’t Farfel

His name is Truman.  Truman was one item that I brought into our marriage that wasn’t thrown away.  (That and my rocking corduroy shirt, which Stunning despises.)  Anyway, I think everyone that knows Truman has a love/hate relationship with the dog.  Some, such as my wife, are proportionately on the hate side.  For me, it’s more on the love side.

Truman is an amazingly kind dog.  He’s never really met a person he doesn’t like and if a robber were to come into the home he would love them so much that he might offer them a cup of coffee and then assist them in placing items in their car. 

image

How can you not love those big puppy dog eyes and face?  He might just be the cutest dog in the world… There’s another side to Truman though.

imageIt’s the criminal side.  The side that will destroy items, eat things he shouldn’t, and lay around on furniture he has no business being on.

For example, one day Stunning came home to find Truman had eaten the chair.  When I left that day, I placed some liver paste (one of his favorite paste flavors) on a chewie and put it on the floor.  Well, he licks the paste off and accidentally shoves it under the chair.  The only way to get it now is to move the chair and rip it apart.  Then he gets so excited about his brut strength in moving furniture he also got a gift bag of tea and tears it apart. 

truman-3

truman-8

truman-6

Let me just say that Truman was “my dog” for a long time after that.

There’s another time though that Truman decided he no longer wanted to be in his really expensive wooden kennel.  image

He was “my dog” after that as well.

He’s no longer to be “home alone” anymore.  When he is, he knocks over trashcans and eats Baker’s Chocolate (then has to go to the vet, and the vet gives him “charcoal” to bind to the poison chocolate, and then he pukes charcoal and chocolate vomit on white carpet just hours before Stunning is throwing a baby shower at our apartment).  He spends his nights free to roam the house (at least until Junior comes), but he almost always stays peacefully in bed.  He spends most of his days outside in the yard lounging. 

No matter what he does though, Truman’ll always be a super dog in my book.

battruman

</bad photoshop job>

5 comments:

Meghan said...

Enjoyed reading this and love the first photo!

February 5, 2010 at 6:17 AM  
Chelsea said...

Truman is very cute! Although I would be LIVID if my dog ever tore anything up. All we have to do is say "No Rookie" and she won't touch it. She only tears up her toys. We're lucky, I know. And it is for that reason that we may never get another dog. She can't be beat.

February 5, 2010 at 8:48 AM  
Unknown said...

I can say "No Truman" and he'll walk away. He'll be back... he'll always come back.

February 5, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

Reminds me a bit more of Marley than Farfel. Of course you know I got the reference. I brought a lab to our marriage. It has now been banished to outdoor living becasue of dirt and shedding. I would go crazy if he ever ate my furniture. Seriously I would lose it.

Prediction! You will be calling me to ask if you can come visit him within a month.

February 9, 2010 at 12:37 PM  
John C said...

Prediction. I never see you or him again for the rest of my life.

February 10, 2010 at 7:16 PM