Play Fighting

Going off of yesterday’s posts, I thought I would discuss one of my favorite past-times.  I really enjoy getting angry with my wife in a store.  Not really getting angry (I don’t actually get angry about many things, which is part of the reason I find humorous), but acting like I’m a jerk. 

This works like we’re walking by a group of people in the store and I say something like:

Me: Would you hurry up?
Wife: What?
Me: You’re walking really slow.  I’m getting really tired of always having to wait for you.  It’s you being selfish that I have to wait for you and I’m over it.  Okay?  I don’t want to wait anymore and you’re just going to have to walk faster.

As the dialogue continues, my voice becomes angrier and a bit louder.  Luckily, Stunning knows my game and she placates my by playing along (most of the time).  The whole goal here is to make other people feel awkward by listening in on a fight.  It works… trust me.

A couple months ago, we were at the local grocery store checking out and I was asked by my wife to carry a bag of groceries:

Wife: Will you get this bag of groceries?
Me: No.
Wife: What?
Me: No.  I’m not going to carry it.  I’m tired of always carrying your groceries.  You need to stop being so lazy.
(Grocery store employee quickly gives me a shocked look and then quickly looks down to avoid any other eye contact.)
Wife: John, stop it.
(I start laughing.)
Grocery Store Clerk: Oh thank goodness.  I was worried.

Of course, it made it all the better that she was visibly pregnant.

Anyway, if I’m going to be a nice guy in real life, I’m glad I can joke about being a complete ass-hole.  My wife letting me do so, is just one of the many reasons she is so awesome.

7 comments:

One time my wife were at the store. She couldn't decide which pickles she wanted. I started giving her a hard time like you.

Then this little girl about 7 years old comes up, grabs a jar of pickles.

Then I say "See that little girl has no problem picking out pickles."

It startled the girl that she dropped the jar. It shattered on the ground and she ran off.

February 11, 2010 at 5:17 AM  
Unknown said...
Chelsea said...

BAhahaha I love the comment from Eric. Hilarious.

February 11, 2010 at 11:33 AM  
Kyndal said...

Thats awesome I do the same thing to my husband (our roles are reversed though!) And I like to embarrass him too!!

I do this to him at HEB, Blockbuster, the mall any place you name it.

Me: NO, I will not have SEX with you so stop asking me tonite is just not good for me
Husband: WHAT, what are you talking about..
Me: STOP! Stop touching me there we are out in public and for the second time already I told you NO SEX TONITE, now stop!
(and I get really loud too!)
sometimes I really like to embarrass him and gets even better than that.

I love knowing that we are not the only couple that does stuff like that!

February 12, 2010 at 8:53 AM  
Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one too, Kyndal.

More power to spouses who intentionally embarrass their significant other!!

February 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM  
Unknown said...

This still doesn't explain why you act like that at work...

February 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM  
Unknown said...

Stuart, who is my spouse at work?

You? I think that would make both of our wives nervous.

February 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM