An Update to the Previous Update

I wrote the previous post on Sunday and set it up to auto-post.  I would like to rescind some of the things stated within that update.

Junior has decided he’s not going to be a championship sleeper.  In that, he’s going to wake up constantly and not just every three hours.  That means his parents (that’s me, in case you were wondering) are not getting three hour spans of sleep together.  Instead, we take turns staying awake feeding him or trying to find other ways to keep him satiated.

It’s interesting in that we take turns of getting to the brink of utter madness from the lack of sleep and frustration from keeping him screaming and we take turns talking the other person through these feelings. 
It’s okay to be frustrated when your son decides not to sleep and you’ve done everything under the sun to settle him down, but he won’t.  When you’re low on sleep, it’s pretty crazy how this will affect you.

Therefore, after some consideration, I would pick my desired sleep pattern in this order:

  1. The entire family sleeps for 6 to 8 hours straight.
  2. Junior sleeps every three hours and we sleep every three hours with him.
  3. Junior is still in his mother’s tummy and we sleep for 8 hours, but the quality of sleep isn’t very good.
  4. I sleep on a carnival ride.
  5. I sleep on a carnival ride sitting next to a smelly carny.
  6. I try to take a nap on the wing of an airplane during take-off.
  7. I sleep while being attached to a whale’s back.
  8. I sleep and have one of those nightmares where you wake up and think the nightmare was real and you have thoughts like, “Oh no.  I need to get to the grocery store before the hippo eats all of my prized collectable golden apples.  If I don’t, the wicked witch of the jungle will eat me.”
  9. I sleep while the chinese torture machine drips water on my forehead.
  10. My current situation.

1 comments:

I feel bad for you buddy. The lack of sleep nearly drove me crazy. We tried to get Braden to sleep in everything in our house short of a cardboard box. It was a long and difficult road to sleeping throught the night. Then after a while teething screwed that up too. I fear this will go on for eternity.

March 16, 2010 at 11:12 AM