First Day Back…

Yesterday was my first day back at work, as you may have read yesterday… if that post yesterday made any sense at all.  I barely remember writing this.

You don’t really realize how much work you do at work on a daily basis until you’re gone for an extended period.  Then when you come back, there’s a lot to do!  Needless to say, yesterday was a very busy day and beyond that it made it worse when you are also very exhausted.

However, the toughest part by far was being away from my wife and son.  He’s a beautiful baby, but goodness gracious can he be fussy!  I love him to death, but when you see “perfect baby” in the dictionary… it’s not our kid.  He has two main times to be fussy… the first is in the morning from 6am to noon.  The second is from 9pm until midnight.  It’s not fussy that he has colic or something like that, it’s just typical fussiness at inopportune times.

Therefore, the hardest part about going back to work was to leave my wife at home handling it all herself.  For the time I had off, it was truly a two person job.  Now, it’s being forced into a one person job and that’s just not easy.  You combine some pregnancy hormones on top of that and it’s a crazy recipe. 

I came home for lunch, but that was only about 20 minutes (I live 20 minutes from work), so that gave her an opportunity to shower and be separated from the baby some. 

On Sunday night, she asked if I was excited to “get a break”.  I’d be lying if I didn’t say that I was and I told her that.  The worst part though is that she gets no break!  Well, she will… but by the time she gets a break he’ll be sleeping through the night… or at least for a four hour stretch.

Anyway, the next challenge is to find a routine for us to be on, since our old routine is now bunk.

0 comments: