Is He Coming?!?!

You read about my sleep graphs.  Take a look at this one:

image

What you see here is that I slept good from 11 to 1am.   After that things got a little crazy… especially starting at the 3am hour.  Well, I was awake from 3am on because I thought we might be having a baby.

Junior is pretty active, with constant movements and kicks almost continuously now.  However, the other night Molly noticed he wasn’t really moving like he should be.  We did all of the normal stuff we do to wake him up.  We prodded.  We poked.  We shook (lightly, of course).  Instead, he did his best to act like nothing was happening.  I think it was a big game to him. 

Molly called the doctor’s office and got the answering service.  She explained the situation to which the man replied, “Ma’am, I’m just the answering service.  Tell me what you want to do.”  He was rude.  She had the doctor paged.

The doctor called and said, “Well, I’m not going to tell you not to worry about it, so you can come in if you want.”  Wow.  Umm.. Thanks?

Therefore at 4:15am, we headed into the doctor’s office.  Labor and Delivery… here we come.  Just to make things surreal we also grabbed our overnight bag.  When we got to the office, we even signed documents in case they needed to get Junior into the world of the “Not Living In a Sac of Water” right away.  That was surreal. 

Then we went and hooked Stunning up to some monitors and Junior still slumbered away.  His heart rate was strong, but still very little movement.  The nurse frowned.  Then she instructed my wife to get on her side and drink this huge tub of ice water.  Well, apparently he didn’t like being stuck next to a giant bag of ice water, because he woke up immediately and started kicking and pushing and doing the regular things.

The rest of the day it was more of the same.  The due date is March 21 and it looks like he has no plans to leave his little hut before then.  In fact, we even made a routine exam appointment for March 23!  Maybe if he lasts long enough, he can be born on my birthday; March 27.  You know what they… like father like son!  ::cue laugh sign::

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of your sleep app thingy, I wish they made them for the android!

March 4, 2010 at 7:00 AM  
PamC said...

John, You arrived on your due date, well one day late...you started your descent on your due date! Like father like son...

March 4, 2010 at 8:02 AM  
Kaitlynn said...

Seriously, how does the iPhone know what stage of sleep you're in???? I'm perplexed....

March 4, 2010 at 12:52 PM  
Unknown said...

One day late!! That's how I like it.. and I'm sure Jack is taking after me.

The iPhone measures my movement in bed. When you're in a deep sleep, you don't move, so it knows. You put the phone in the corner of the bed with you so it can feel the movement. It's nuts that there's an app for that.

March 5, 2010 at 7:47 AM