Things I Didn’t Think We’d Need, But I Love them Now

There are certain things before Junior came that I thought were just ridiculous to have/buy/own/want.  Here’s a few of those things now that I thought were dumb and now I love:

Goodness gracious.  If we didn’t have this thing, I think my face would fall off.  It’s good for naps and getting him to calm some.  He’ll sleep longer in it and it’s good for the reflux because he’s not laying down flat and is at an angle.  It makes me jealous, because it looks comfortable and I would like to have one myself.

Graco Pack 'n Play Playard with Newborn Napper - Elyse - Graco  - Babies"R"Us

This pack and play has vibration on it as well.  It also makes nature noises and music to fill in as white noise when Sufjan isn’t playing in the background.  This allows Junior to stretch a sleep another 45 minutes sometimes.  It also has the vibration so that it will get him to fall asleep.  I heart this.

Infantino Monkey's Jungle Retreat Activity Gym -  Infantino - Toys"R"Us

I thought this was just ridiculous.  There’s a thing called a blanket and I’m more than capable of dangling a toy above his head.  In the end though, this thing is awesome.  The patterns and colors will keep him occupied, plus puke just lifts right up from the fabric.  Gotta love stuff where puke is easy clean-up.  As a Acid Reflux baby, there’s a lot of puking that happens in our house too.

Graco Lovin' Hug Infant Swing - Elyse - Graco  - Babies"R"Us

In our quest to find anything at all that would soothe our son, we decided we’d be in the market for one of these swings.  Just another item I never thought was necessary.  A guy at work came to the rescue and just gave us one.  HOLY COW… thank you…  At his fussiest, this can create a calm baby.  Amazing.

5 comments:

It's funny... This last baby we had just gets a blanket to lay on.

Sure we have a swing for her, but with all the kids and stuff going on during the day, she's stimulated out her diapered butt.

but we had all that stuff with the first one.

May 6, 2010 at 4:22 AM  
Pippy said...

::puts playmat on list of things to get before pipsqueak gets here::

I love your list & I'm glad you have found things to help!

May 6, 2010 at 6:15 AM  
Katherine said...

The playmat. That was our savior. My child did not like his bouncer. Did not like his pack and play. Did not like his swing. But he was difficult.

The playmat, though...he LOVED that thing!

May 6, 2010 at 6:37 AM  
Susie said...

...and when he's 4 months old you will "NEED" a jumperoo for him. Both PJ and Melina spent hours jumping away to the jungle music and animal noises on ours and playing with the toys that dangled over them. They had the strongest legs and it gave Mommy a chance to put her feet up :o)

May 7, 2010 at 4:47 AM  

It's almost like the baby crap industry knows what they are doing. Our son slept in his swing for about 2 months. Couldn't have lived without it. Happy Mother's Day to the new mom.

May 7, 2010 at 12:58 PM