The Nanny Search: Part Deux

As mentioned, we found someone for May… that’s Aunt Burb.  After that though, we’re on the great search using the interwebs.  It’s www.sitters.com and www.sittercity.com  They’re kind of craigslist of the nanny world where people put out their qualifications and you find someone that you think will match well.  We’ve got a couple interviews planned, but one has to wade through quite a bit to reach this point.

First of all, to the people applying on these websites, pictures of your cleavage are not a selling point.

image

(I’ve protected the face of this potential nanny.)  Of course, Stunning won’t let us hire any cleavage nannies, because she’s scared there’s a reason they have so much cleavage… and that reason is me.  I mean… c’mon what potential nanny wouldn’t want to sleep with me!?!?

Pictures of you in a bathroom… also not advised:

image

…even if you think it’s a great picture of you..

If you apply and your sitter website profile picture is awesome:

image

…but please know we’ll search your name on facebook…

image

…and we will not hire you.

If we tell you about our baby’s acid reflux and hysterical crying, please do not act like it isn’t a big deal in a reply to our inquiries:

And knowing Junior has acid reflux I know how to handle him. My mom suffers from it so I know it is very painful at times. And yes I would be able to handle the screaming all baby's do it. :)

Junior’s acid reflux is not like your mom’s… and not all babies cry like he does.

Anyway, through a lot of this, we found some really good women.  We hope to have someone lined up by the end of the week.

7 comments:

I think you're going to have to see if anyone is moving from Great Britain.

May 4, 2010 at 4:22 AM  
Anonymous said...

Good luck! Keep us updated.

May 4, 2010 at 6:23 AM  
PamC said...

Good luck...finding a good nanny is not an easy job! At least you have an excellent one for May!

May 4, 2010 at 6:24 AM  
Chelsea said...

I just don't understand the boobs. I guess if it's a single male doing the choosing... maybe. Otherwise, it just doesn't make sense.

(NOT KIDDING-- my word verification below is "waxachin")

May 4, 2010 at 7:39 AM  

Looking for a Nanny would scare me to death. I am so glad that we could go to a church daycare, and eventually our church daycare. I see it provided great material for jokes though. Funny post. Dumb people will never let you down.

May 4, 2010 at 1:22 PM  
Anonymous said...

We test drove a nanny from Brazil. Needless to say she was horrible. We hired a woman in her 50's who is AWESOME!!!

May 4, 2010 at 5:57 PM  
Anonymous said...

Check www.take-care.me for an important nanny assessment tool. Tests are not available yet for the public but if you wish to try it out, please contact us through the contact form and we will provide you with a free test.

May 6, 2010 at 1:13 PM