Soothing Sufjan

A couple weeks ago, I posted a little video by an artist, singer, composer that goes by the name Sufjan Stevens.  He goes by the name… because it is his real name. 

Anyway, Stunning and I have tried everything to soothe Junior when he’s going crazy.  This is either in pain crazy or fussy crazy.  The only thing that can soothe him though is me playing music of Sufjan Stevens really loud.  It has a lot of instrumental parts, his voice is very calm, and there’s a female in a lot of his songs who also has a calm voice.

It works like magic.  I’m serious people.  It’s like there are two babies… the baby that doesn’t listen to Sufjan who is crying and the baby who is listening to Sufjan and is in some sort of comatose existence with eyes open just staring…

I think Junior is confused.  Sufjan’s got a good voice.  His dad has a voice similar to Roseanne Barr/Arnold/Barr/NoLastName singing the national anthem.  So Sufjan comes on and Junior is just trying to find who that other guy is in the room, because it sure as hell isn’t his father.

1 comments:

My 4mo is soothed when I hold her and sing the Air Force Song.


Crazy Random.

May 10, 2010 at 4:31 AM